Rum is the Word 7-Day Tour
Contact to Arrange Dates!
Monthly departures starting at $2985 per person
Pack your bags and take the trip with Cuba Up Close now!
We have created a Worry-Free Travel Experience to Cuba!
Cuba Up Close All-inclusive Package Includes:
- Airfare from Miami or Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Travel Visa, Health Insurance and mandatory documentation required to enter Cuba
- All Meals and Accommodations in Premium Restaurants and Hotels
- Daily Happy Hour at Legendary Bars
- Expert-led Lectures and Private Tours of Sites
- Transportation in Air-Conditioned Motor-coaches
- Access to the REAL Cuba through behind-the-scenes meetings with artists, musicians, professors, doctors, farmers and Cuban officials.
Our Tour Price does not include: Driver and Guide Gratuities
Delve into the retro world of Old Havana as we explore the history of of Cuba’s most well known products…rum and cigars!
- Explore old and new cocktail lounges
- Eat in top restaurants and tour the city in private, chauffeured classic American cars
- Visit the Bacardi family home
- Tour rum and cigar factories and compare in tastings with the experts
- Take a private cooking class with a well known Cuban chef pairing rum and cigars with appetizers and after dinner cordials
- Meet with rum aficionados and world class makers and cigar makers
“Rum is the Word” as we enjoy a vibrant exciting city with premium hotel accommodations, daily breakfast buffets, lunch and dinner events, nightly social gatherings, daily happy hours, private chauffeurs and expert guides. Join us!
Day 1 | Miami
Arrive in Miami in time for a welcoming hors d’oeuvre/cocktail reception and orientation where we will talk about our exciting upcoming travels and departure the following morning to Cuba!
Day 2 | Havana
- We will be processed at Miami International Airport and board our charter flight to Jose Marti International Airport.
- After touching down in Cuba and our hotel check-in we will enjoy a welcome cocktail reception and quick program orientation before dining at our paladar restaurant, rumored to be former President Obama’s favorite.
- We will then stroll through the cobblestone streets of Old Havana as we begin to see why this city was designated a UNESCO world heritage site and once considered the Rome of the Caribbean.
Day 3 | Havana
- Havana here we are! After breakfast we will tour the Bellas de Artes Museum, Parque Lenin, Morro Castle, and San Francisco Square.
- We will have a chance to stop in and explore several cigar bars and smoking lounges, many of which stock aged whiskies and cognacs, available for sale.
- We break for lunch at a lively Revolution themed restaurant serving the coldest beers in Havana and some of the best grilled entrees in the city.
- We will then drive to the beloved neighborhood and home of the famous author, Ernest Hemingway and have a beverage at the bar where he wrote Old Man and the Sea. We will sit in the exact seat overlooking the water where he penned his masterpiece and we will tour the village he loved.
- As we continue on our rum and cigar journey, we will stop at the legendary Sloppy Joe’s for refreshing, homemade pina coladas and taste the famous namesake dish.
- We will then jaunt back to the hotel to regroup before we head off to a farm to table restaurant where the owner makes all of his own pastas and cheeses.
- After dinner, we will go to a newly formed art and dance space in a converted oil factory to stroll, shop and converse with the enterprising entrepreneurs.
Day 4 | Vinales
- After breakfast we will depart for the lush countryside of Vinales and its famed tobacco farms.
- We will tour a farm, see the process take place and learn about the unique techniques that differentiate each family’s crop.
- We will have a chance to browse, sample and purchase various cigars, including authentic Cohibas (Fidel’s favorite) and exclusive Montecristo #2s.
- We will have lunch at a tobacco farm and then have the chance to explore the quaint village.
- Those who wish to see the sights by horseback can sign up for a trail ride.
- Late afternoon finds us heading back to Havana and the hotel to recoup before a leisurely night on our own or with our guides. They will make suggestions for more cigar and rum shopping and activities into the evening.
Day 5 | Havana
- After breakfast, we will start our day with a city tour, covering the Museo de Revolution, housed in the former presidential palace of the ousted dictator, Fulgencio Batista who was overthrown by Castro’s Revolution.
- We will see more of Old Havana, which has the largest concentration of colonial architecture in the Americas and visit the birthplace of Jose Marti, the national hero who Fidel Castro admirably named the “intellectual author of the Revolution”.
- We will break for lunch in Old Havana at one of the oldest and most popular paladar restaurants, which dot the cobblestone streets.
- After lunch we will go to a rum factory and learn about the historical production process of one of Cuba’s most famous products…we won’t forget to taste the final product!
- We will also view the Bacardi building, former home of the famous rum family, and learn about the legacy they left behind.
- Happy Hour this afternoon is a tour of the legendary Hotel National and then mojitos on the expansive manicured lawn overlooking the Malecon sea wall and the Caribbean. Although you cannot see Miami, if you sit on the veranda of the hotel with a cocktail in hand, you might get a sense of the grandeur and leisure of a by-gone time when ferries traveled back and forth between the two ports for lavish weekend excursions.
- We will then be chauffeured from the hotel in classic American beauties (vintage cars) as we cruise through Old Havana to our paladar restaurant dinner.
- Dinner will be cooked by a chef who is considered to be the pioneer of the Havana restaurant world. We will have the opportunity to speak with him, meet his staff, and tour the kitchen.
- After dinner we will explore at our leisure and choose between a nightcap at a glassed in piano bar overlooking the sparkling lights of the city, a legendary 1950’s cigar lounge, a popular dance club…or all three!
Day 6 | Havana
- After breakfast, we will begin our day touring the home/museum of the artist considered the “Picasso of the Caribbean.” Jose Fuster has transformed his home and neighborhood into a spectacular and unique museum, which should not be missed.
- We will then have lunch at a top rated waterfront restaurant before heading back into downtown Havana.
- We will do a “drive by” of Punto Zero (Point Zero) aka Fidel Castro’s Havana home (the only permitted way to see it) and travel through the stylish tree lined Vedado neighborhood and embassy district.
- Old Havana is filled with excitement. We will stroll the squares and streets with our knowledgeable guides, meet friendly people, talk with inquisitive children and stop into shops and galleries to meet our new Cuban friends.
- Happy Hour is at the famous La Floridita, Hemingway’s old haunt known for its daiquiris and lively music-filled bar. Make a special request to hear “Guantanamera” from their well-known house band.
- After braving the crowd, we will then jaunt back to the hotel to freshen up in time for our paladar restaurant dinner where we will enjoy a special private rum tasting by one of its makers.
- After dinner we will meet at a legendary jazz lounge for live entertainment, a nightcap, and more dancing with a chance to experience the evening sights and sounds of our final night in Havana.
Day 7 | Havana to Miami
After breakfast we will stroll the streets of Old Havana for the last time, checking back into favorite shops to purchase rum, cigars and gifts as well as a stop at a favorite bakery for savory individual mini quiches, pastries and coffee before heading to the airport for our departure to Miami.
*Cuba is a country in transition. Our itinerary can change due to forces beyond our control. In such an event, rest assured that we would improvise and partake in a similar activity or event.