We have created a Worry-Free Travel Experience to Cuba!
Cuba Up Close All-inclusive Package Includes:
- Airfare from Miami or Fort Lauderdale
- Travel Visa, Health Insurance and mandatory documentation required to enter Cuba
- Meals in Premium Restaurants per itinerary and Top Accommodations
- Daily Happy Hour at Legendary Bars
- Daily Photography Workshops (optional)
- Private Tours of Various Sites and Optional Leisure Time
- Transportation in Private Vehicle with Driver and Guide
- Access to the REAL Cuba through behind-the-scenes meetings with artists, musicians, professors, doctors, farmers and Cuban officials.
Our Tour Price does not include: Driver and Guide Gratuities
In this exciting photography tour, we will experience the light, color and drama of an island through the lens.
- Explore vibrant cultural events and sites
- Meet the warm welcoming people of Cuba and take in all that this historical gem of a city has to offer
- Be chaperoned from Miami with our knowledgeable, responsible and locally connected guides
- Have the access to people, cultural traditions, sites, villages and stories not otherwise accessible to other travelers
- Indulge for lunch and dinner at top-rated paladar restaurants and daily Happy Hour
We will have the opportunity to travel and meet with accomplished Cuban photographers who are eager to share memorable artistic moments with their American neighbors and show us their work. Our tour will be co-led by an up and coming Cuban born photographer who has exhibited in international shows and has an extensive portfolio of work.
With our cameras, we will tour galleries, eat at beautiful paladars, see the sites and meet up in cafes to talk about our experiences. We will have many photo ops throughout the fun filled 5-day tour. Come converse with warm welcoming people and capture once-in-a-lifetime memories on our digital cameras. All experience levels welcome. Join us!
Day 1 | Miami
Arrive in Miami in time for a welcoming hors d’oeuvre/cocktail reception and orientation where we will talk about our exciting upcoming travels and departure the following morning to Havana!
Day 2 | Havana
- You will be processed at Miami International Airport and board our flight to Jose Marti International Airport.
- After our hotel check-in and a welcome cocktail, we will depart on a city tour begin to familiarize ourselves with the city.
- Music fills the air in Old Havana and we will make a stop at Ernest Hemingway’s favorite jaunt, La Floridita for a famous daiquiri and the sounds of its well-known house band belting our “Guantanamera”.
- We will depart La Floridita and stroll through the narrow streets of Old Havana, looking into shops and taking in the sights and sounds of a vibrant city in full swing. There we will begin to see the many photo ops the city has to offer.
- We to will go back to our hotel to regroup, unpack and get ready for our first dinner at a popular paladar restaurant, rumored to be former President Obama’s favorite. (Good thing we know the owner because reservations are hard to come by).
- After dinner we will stroll through San Francisco Square and stop for a beverage or ice cream as we begin to see why La Habana was not only designated a UNESCO world heritage site but also once considered the Rome of the Caribbean.
- After dinner we will stop into more than one jazz club and pick our favorite.
Day 3 | Old Havana
- After our breakfast buffet, we will take a tour on a horse and carriage! From our carriages as we pass through the busy streets on the way to Lenin Park.
- We will eat lunch near Lenin Park at a true farm to table open air restaurant situated within an urban agricultural farm. We have the option of touring the farm and relaxing under the thatched roof bar enjoying a beverage with the restaurant’s award-winning mixologist. Here we will also enjoy a lecture with our tres lechs cake by one of the city’s well known photographers.
- After lunch we will see more of Havana’s sites with our guide: The National Theater, The Capitol Building and of course Morro Fort and Castle.
- We will take a visit to the US Embassy and see Old Glory flying for the first time in 60 years.
- We will re-coup back at the hotel, relax and get ready for dinner.
- We will stop along the ocean for more photo shoots before dinner.
- During dinner we will enjoy casual conversation about Havana’s changing art scene and after dinner we will continue to explore the city with our guides.
Day 4 | Old Havana
- After a breakfast buffet, we will have a optional half day beach day and tour of the East beaches of Havana.
- On our way to the beach, we will do a “drive-by” of Punto Zero (Point Zero) aka Fidel Castro’s Havana home (the only permitted way to see it), No cameras allowed here, but we will drive on through the stylish tree-lined Vedado neighborhood and the embassy district.
- We will regroup back at the hotel in the afternoon then have a double Happy Hour. Our first will be at the legendary Hotel National with its intriguing underground tunnels that were used by Fidel and his men during the overthrow of Batista. We will then sip Mojitos and Lime Rickeys on the expansive manicured lawn of the hotel and recall a bygone time of leisure when ferries shuttled back and forth from Miami for leisurely weekend excursions. All the while we will “talk shop” with our experienced guides and here their take on photography in their colorful nation.
- Happy Hour #2 begins when the classic Chevy convertibles, true American beauties, pull up at the hotel valet station to chauffeur us through Havana to our final paladar restaurant for dinner.
- After dinner we will enjoy more of the sights and sounds of Havana with our guides or go back to the hotel for a comforting nightcap and late evening conversation.
Day 5 | Havana
After breakfast, we will have the chance to purchase gifts and keepsakes at area shops before stopping into our favorite bakery for pastries and a mid-morning coffee break. We will then eat a delicious home cooked meal at a private home on the way to the airport. We will leave with a full stomach and many memories of interesting fun-filled days in the newly discovered nation of Cuba and you will go home with many stories of a land very few Americans have yet to experience.
*Cuba is a country in transition. Our itinerary can change due to forces beyond our control. In such an event, rest assured that we would improvise and partake in a similar activity or event.