We have created a Worry-Free Travel Experience to Cuba!
Cuba Up Close All-inclusive Package Includes:
- Airfare from Miami or Fort Lauderdale
- Travel Visa, Health Insurance and mandatory documentation required to enter Cuba
- Meals and Accommodations in Premium Restaurants and Hotels per Itinerary
- Private Driver/Guide in Air Conditioned Vehicles
- Happy Hours at Legendary Bars
- Expert-led Lectures and Private Tours of Sites
- Transportation in Air-Conditioned Vehicles
- Access to the REAL Cuba through behind-the-scenes meetings with artists, musicians, professors, doctors, farmers and Cuban officials.
Our Tour Price does not include: Driver and Guide Gratuities
Cuba Up Close takes you on a vibrant journey filled with culturally enriching art, music and architecture, as well as pure relaxation on white sandy beaches.
- See the grand colonial architecture and beautiful varied architectural styles of Old Havana
- Visit and dine at The DuPont Mansion, overlooking the ocean
- Enjoy the sounds of Cuba inside of a glassed-in top floor piano bar, at popular private dance and jazz clubs, and legendary lounges
- Swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean
- Rejuvenate in the open-air verandas of our seaside hotel in Veradero
- Indulge for lunch and dinner at top-rated paladar restaurants and daily Happy Hour
There are many cultural sites to visit in this exciting country! Our tour includes the Museo de Revolution, the cobblestoned streets of Old Havana, the National Theater, the Capolito building, the legendary Hotel National, a chauffeur ride in classic American beauties (vintage cars) as we cruise through Old Havana, the “Picasso” of the Carribbean’s home and museum and more. Join us!
Day 1 | Florida to Havana
Arrive in Florida in time for a welcoming hors d’oeuvre/cocktail reception and orientation where we will talk about our exciting upcoming travels and departure the following morning to Havana!
Day 2-3 | Havana
- We will be processed at Fort Lauderdale International Airport and board our flight to Jose Marti International Airport.
- After our hotel check-in we will enjoy a welcome cocktail reception and quick program orientation before dining at our Cuban paladar restaurant, rumored to be former President Obama’s favorite.
- We will stroll through San Francisco square and its cobblestone streets in Old Havana and begin to see why this city was designated a world heritage site and once considered the Rome of the Caribbean.
Day 4 | Old Havana
- Begin the morning with breakfast in the hotel then embark on a morning tour profiling the great American author Ernest Hemingway and explore the village and residence that served as the inspiration for some of his most famous works.
- We will eat lunch at the waterfront restaurant overlooking the ocean where he wrote The Old Man and the Sea and tour the quaint village, which he loved so dearly.
- In the afternoon we will go to a rum factory and learn about the historical production process of one of Cuba’s most famous products. We won’t forget to taste the final product!
- We will then embark on a walking tour through the cobblestone streets of the city before stopping for Happy Hour at the legendary Sloppy Joe’s for refreshing pina coladas and its namesake dish.
- We will have the chance to visit local shops, including a cigar lounge and talk to friendly shopkeepers and residents who are interested in meeting their new American friends.
- We will see the grand colonial architecture and beautiful varied architectural styles of Old Havana, which helped designate it a UNESCO world heritage site.
- We will recoup at our hotel before a suggested dinner at a local chef-owned paladar restaurant where we will talk to the staff and chef-owner and tour the kitchen.
- After dinner we will explore at our leisure and choose between a nightcap at a glassed in top floor piano bar overlooking the sparkling lights of the city, a legendary 1950’s cigar lounge, a popular private dance club….or all three!
Day 5 | Old Havana
- After breakfast we will make our way to the Museo de Revolution, housed in the former presidential palace of the ousted dictator, Fulgencia Batista.
- We will tour more of Old Havana which has the largest concentration of colonial architecture in North America and visit the birthplace of Jose Marti, the national hero admirably named the “intellectual author of the Revolution” by Fidel Castro.
- We will break for lunch at a restaurant, which dots the Malecon sea wall and talk to the staff about the educational and economic opportunities which have evolved from the free enterprise that the Castro regime has recently permitted.
- After lunch we will go to the Casa Museo de Che Guevera, the Fortaleza de San Carlos de le Cabana and the Morro castle before we break for mojitos and lime rickeys on the expansive manicured lawn of the Hotel National overlooking the Caribbean. Although you cannot see Miami, if you sit on the veranda of the hotel with a cocktail in hand, you might get a sense of the grandeur and leisure of a by-gone time when ferries traveled back and forth between the two ports for lavish weekend excursions.
- We will stop back at our hotel before we dine at our paladar restaurant for dinner.
- After dinner, enjoy one of the many jazz clubs and cafes that Havana has to offer or relax with a nightcap back at the hotel.
Day 6 | Old Havana
- After breakfast we will take a morning tour of the impressive Bellas de Artes Museum and Havana’s art galleries before we break for lunch at a lively Revolution themed restaurant serving the coldest beers in Havana and some of the best grilled entrees in the city.
- We will visit the former apartment that was the secret headquarters for the Castro’s 26th of July movement, see the University of Havana and the steps where a famous speech took place and view the former Bacardi building to learn about the legacy that the famous family left behind.
- We will meet at Hemmingway’s haunt, La Floridita, for an exciting Happy Hour of famous daiquiris and the rhythms of “Guantanamera” sung by their house band. We will then continue on to a farm to table restaurant in Old Havana for dinner where the owner makes all of his own cheeses and breads.
- After dinner we will experience the lively music-filled streets of Old Havana and stop into jazz clubs, legendary lounges and other points of interest.
Day 7 | Veradero
- Today we will have a buffet breakfast then depart for our seaside all-inclusive hotel in Veradero.
- Drinks are on “the house” as we relax in the lounges and open-air verandas of the hotel and swim in the warm waters of the Caribbean before we get ready for our final resort farewell dinner.
- Dinner tonight is at the former residence of Irene Dupont, a magnificent mansion overlooking the ocean. Live music will be on hand to enjoy an evening of fine food, cocktails and welcoming sea breezes as we experience the grandeur of a by-gone time.
Day 8 | Havana
After breakfast and a morning swim, we will board our bus and head back to Havana and Jose Marti International Airport, bringing with us memories and stories of an exciting week in a country which few Americans have yet to experience.
*Cuba is a country in transition. Our itinerary can change due to forces beyond our control. In such an event, rest assured that we would improvise and partake in a similar activity or event.