We have created a Worry-Free Travel Experience to Cuba!
Cuba Up Close All-inclusive Package Includes:
- Airfare from Miami or Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Health Insurance and Mandatory OFAC Compliant Documentation required to enter Cuba
- Meals and Accommodations in Premium Restaurants and Hotels
- Daily Happy Hour at Legendary Bars
- Expert-led Lectures and Private Tours of Sites
- Transportation in Air-Conditioned Motor-coaches
- Access to the REAL Cuba through behind-the-scenes meetings with artists, musicians, professors, doctors, farmers and Cuban officials.
Our Tour Price does not include: Driver and Guide Gratuities
Cuba Up Close invites you and your guests on this elaborate 10-day tour to enjoy lush beaches, the energetic city of Havana and intriguing history.
- Dine in top, chef-owned Paladars and take in the sights and sounds of a vibrant country in transition
- Travel to the Holquín province, home to spectacular beaches and stunning landscapes of rolling hills and mountains
- Optional horseback riding expeditions as well as a horse carriage ride through a town market
- Journey toward Cuba’s third largest city, Camagüey where we will visit The Plaza del Carmen
We will explore the surrounding beauty of the Caribbean, listen to talented local musicians who will perform for us, and take in the gorgeous countryside. We will stroll the streets of Havana, tour San Francisco square and indulge in the excitement of the city’s nightlife. Join us!
Day 1 | Florida
Arrive in Florida in time for a welcoming hors d’oeuvre/cocktail reception and orientation where we will talk about our exciting upcoming travels and departure the following morning to Cuba!
Day 2 | Eastern Cuba Holquin
- We will be processed at Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) and board our flight to the Frank Pais Airport in Holquin.
- We will be meet our private transportation at the airport and travel to a local family restaurant for lunch.
- After lunch, tour the family gallery of one of Cuba’s top painters and the only Cuban painter to have his work displayed in the Vatican. Meet his artistic family and discuss the unique process the country undertakes in bankrolling the cultural arts.
- We will then drive to Biran, the birthplace of both Raul and Fidel Castro and visit their childhood farm and town before checking into our beachfront resort.
- We will have time for Pina Coladas on the veranda before our resort dinner and evening of musical entertainment.
Day 3 | Rafael Freyre
When Christopher Columbus got his first glimpse of the Holquin coastline in 1492, he pronounced it “the most beautiful land human eyes have ever seen.” The Holquin province is home to spectacular beaches and stunning landscapes of rolling hills and mountains begging to be explored.
- Today we will visit a beautiful biosphere reserve and we will eat lunch at the restaurant in the mountains.
- There are horseback riding expeditions if you choose to go on a trail ride.
- Return to our beach-side resort in the afternoon for a dip in the Caribbean and relaxation on the beach before dinner and nightly entertainment.
- We will also have time to go to the town market by horse carriage to meet local artisans and purchase keepsakes.
Day 4 | Camagüey
- We will check out of the hotel after breakfast and begin our journey West toward Cuba’s third largest city, Camagüey.
- Upon arrival in historic Camagüey, we will dine at a classic paladar for lunch before we check into our hotel.
- After we relax and freshen up, meet for a city tour. We will stop in The Plaza del Carmen where we see the bronze sculptures of well-known artist Martha Jimenez, whose must-see gallery will be on the following days’ agenda.
- Dinner is in a stately paladar restaurant on the square then on to optional dancing and nightcaps at an area club.
Day 5 | Camagüey
Free education is a major force in Cuba’s culture.
- We will start our day by touring a local school to meet the teachers and students and then we will visit an interesting ranch nearby. The King Ranch in Cuba is a satellite ranch to the famous King Ranch in the United States, well recognized for its organic beef and a premium purveyor for top American chefs. Our guide will tell us about its interesting history and resurrection in recent years.
- On our way back to town, we will stop at a restaurant for lunch and have time to explore the streets of Camagüey before meeting for Happy Hour at our hotel’s mahogany bar overlooking the plazas of the city.
- After dinner, see the many churches (15), plazas, galleries and shops in town.
Day 6 | Cayo Santa Lucia
- Today we will check out of the hotel and travel to Cayo Santa Lucia where we will eat a lobster lunch at a restaurant on the beach.
- The afternoon finds us at our all-inclusive hotel, relaxing at the pool bar and a resort dinner in the evening.
- We will have the chance to explore the surrounding beauty of the Caribbean as we re-fuel for our continuing journey to Havana the following day.
Day 7 | Havana
- After breakfast we will depart for the bright lights and big city of Havana. On the way we will stop for lunch in an authentic campesino style country restaurant, listen to talented local musicians who will perform for us during lunch and take in the beautiful countryside.
- We will also stop at a local white sandy beach and have the opportunity for a quick dip in the ocean. Then onward to Havana we roll!
- After checking into our hotel, we will meet at Hemmingway’s haunt, La Floridita for an exciting Happy Hour, to taste their famous daiquiris and hear the well-known house band singing “Guantanamera”.
- Music fills the air in Old Havana. Stroll the streets before our dinner at a paladar restaurant, rumored to be former President Obama’s favorite.
- After dinner, the excitement of Havana’s nightlife awaits.
Day 8 | Cojimar
- After breakfast, depart for Finca de Hemingway, the author’s beloved home. Tour the grounds and see the property he was forced to relinquish when relations between Cuba and the United States were severed.
- We will travel on to Cojimar and dine at the restaurant where Hemingway penned The Old Man and the Sea and while we enjoy lunch and mojitos overlooking the water, we will be reminded of the inspiration the infamous author reaped from living in this intriguing country.
- We will then jaunt back to the hotel to regroup before we head off to a farm to table restaurant where the owner makes all of his own pastas and cheeses.
- After dinner, we will go to a newly formed art and dance space in a converted oil factory to stroll through the space, shop and converse with the enterprising entrepreneurs.
Day 9 | Havana
- After breakfast, we will start our day with a city tour, covering the Museo de Revolution, appropriately housed in the former presidential palace of the ousted dictator, Fulgencio Batista and tour more of Old Havana, which has the largest concentration of colonial architecture in the Americas.
- We will visit the birthplace of Jose Marti, the national hero who Fidel Castro admirably named the “intellectual author of the Revolution,” the National Theater and the Capitol Building before breaking for lunch.
- Happy Hour this afternoon is a tour of the legendary Hotel National and then mojitos on the expansive lawn overlooking the Malecon sea wall and the Bay of Havana.
- We will then be chauffeured from the hotel in classic American cars by family members of the Classic Car Club through downtown Havana to our paladar restaurant for dinner and drinks.
- Dinner will be cooked by a chef who is considered to be the pioneer of the Havana restaurant world and we will have the opportunity to meet him and his staff, and to tour his kitchen.
- After dinner we will explore at our leisure and choose between a nightcap at a glassed in piano bar overlooking the sparkling lights of the city, a legendary 1950’s cigar lounge, a popular dance club…or all three!
Day 10 | Havana to Florida
After breakfast we will stroll the streets of Old Havana for the last time, checking back into favorite shops to purchase rum, cigars and gifts as well as a stop at a favorite bakery for savory individual mini quiches, pastries and coffee before heading to the airport for our departure back to Florida.
*Cuba is a country in transition. Our itinerary can change due to forces beyond our control. In such an event, rest assured that we would improvise and partake in a similar activity or event.